Friday 2 October 2015

How I got into Cosplay

Ever wonder how I got into Cosplay? Well your about to find out now.

So as many of you know I really enjoy playing video games. I have loved video games for as long as I can remember and have fond memories of playing Nintendo 64 games with my brother, sisters and friends growing up. So when I went to high school where I knew very few people I was able to bond with another girl in my grade over video games and we became friends. Sadly sometime in year 9 we kind of lost contact due to her being sick and I changing friendship groups. Fast forward to the year 2011 and the year we were in our last year of school we rebecame friends.
One day she told me about this thing called AVcon, a video game and anime convention held every year in July. We both thought it sounded like lots of fun and as AVcon had already been, we decided to make plans to go next year.

In 2012 I ended up going to my first AVcon with my cousin. I had discovered that many people liked to dress up as different characters from things like video games and anime to AVcon.  This led to me going though my wabrode to see if I could find clothes that a Pokemon trainer may wear the night before I headed off. I also stuffed a Pikachu into my old school bag.

After feeling under dressed both my cousin and I decided to put effect into cosplaying at AVcon the next year. This led me to buy my first cosplay, Hope from Final Fantasy XIII off Ebay. I also brought a wig from cheap as chips and shoes from Kmart. After sorting out my cosplay I ended up decided to make a cape for a Edward Elric cosplay as I had clothes already that I could use as a second cosplay.

I ended up having lots of fun making a cape, and wearing both cosplays at AVcon. I got hooked and decided to make more and as they say, the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment