Friday 22 January 2016

My Cosplay Making Process

After seeing a post about how people go about planning and making a cosplay in a cosplay group I'm a part of, I thought I would share my process. This is how I do it, but everyone is different, there is no right or wrong way of doing it.

To start off with I see a character, and think I really want to cosplay that. Depending on my plans for the next two or three cons, how much effect is required to make it, the time of the year, and how much I actually really want to cosplay it, will decide whether it gets made or gets put on the Wishlist.

Once decided I'm going to do a cosplay, I like to work out what I need and start collecting those things as soon as possible if I don't already have them. As someone who doesn't have a fabric store with in an hour of me, this is important so that when I get the chance I can get it.

Recently I have started making a list of all the things I need to do, and in what order for each part of the cosplay. I also want to set mini goals, but that hasn't happened yet.

Than I start to make the cosplay. I like to start from the toes, and work up to my head when working on armour, but that's just me.  Than I might go off and work on props for a bit of a break.  With sewing start the main part and work on that first.

So that's how I do it, hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment