Friday 24 July 2015

AVcon wrap up 2015

Now that AVcon is over for another year, I think it's only fitting that I do a wrap up.

As I don't actually live in Adelaide I had to travel down on the Friday. I also decided to take the day off work and make good use of it by going down early and I made it to Adelaide about 10:30am. First stop was Adelaide Moulding and Casting for some Worbla I ordered than off to Rundle Mall for some shopping, think crafting and gaming supplies. Than off to the cutest cafe in Adelaide, the Hello Kitty Cafe for some lunch. The food there is really yummy, the only problem is that it almost looks too cute to eat!

After Lunch it was time to check into my hotel, unpack and get ready for the night. I went with a causal Lolita outfit. I got to the convention centre just before 4:30, got my ticket, had a tour of the new convention centre and went to the meet and greet. The meet and greet was good, they had drinks, and it was really good to be able to talk to Yaya Han. She was really good to talk to! After the meet and greet it was the opening ceremony. Than off to the pre AVcon Lolita dinner.

Every year the Adelaide Lolita community has a pre AVcon dinner on the Friday night. This year's tea was held at the Hungry Hippo Board Game Cafe. It's this really neat cafe where you can hung out, play board games and have something to eat while your at it. 


I had a early started Saturday as I didn't know how long it would take to apply the body paint. By the time I was ready it was time to head off to AVcon. I brought a few things before heading off to photos with Yaya Han. When I went to have a photo with her, she recognised me and commented on my wings. Which was super nice. Afterward I had a bit more of a look around before having a group photo taken of the Adelaide Cosplay Girls group. Than it was time to get a paint of Yaya Han signed. 




After all that happen I decided to head back to my room and get out of my costume and have a shower as my feet and back were hurting and it was lunch time. I didn't do much in the afternoon as I was worn out. I did head back to AVcon for a little bit though.

Sunday morning wasn't as early a start as Saturday, and I ended taking longer than expected to get ready. One ready I headed off to AVcon. As I had entered in to the Lolita parade I was in full Lolita. There were quite a few girls entered which was really good. I didn't place but it was lots of fun being on the stage with the other girls.




After the parade I went to a tea party hosted by Moripop. It was located in the Maid Cafe in AVcon. It was really good hunting out with the girls as a few of the girls who entred the parade also went to the tea party. We were also treated to a dance by some of the maids which was really cool. 

Afterwards I didn't really do much at AVcon as I was really tried and worn out so I went back to my hotel room to start packing and relax a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment