Friday 26 June 2015

My first Cosplay

Over on the Facebook page Adelaide Cosplay Girls, they have been sharing photos of people's first cosplay. My first cosplay was one that was shared, and I thought I would go into a little more detail about it.

My first cosplay - Hope from Final Fantasy XIII

In 2012 I went to AVcon along side my cousin Megan from Biased Raincloud Cosplay. We just want for just one day. I heard of people dressing up as different characters, and thought I would give it ago. I didn't put much effect into it and pretty much throw it together either the day before or the morning before I was due to leave to head to Adelaide. I went as a Pokemon Trainer and because of little effect that went into it, I consider it less as my first cosplay, more of a intro into cosplay. Megan and myself saw so many people cosplay and thought that it looked like so much fun that we thought we would do it next year. 

I decided to Cosplay as Hope from Final Fantasy XIII for AVcon 2013. I think I chose Hope as I had been playing Final Fantasy XIII and he is my favorite characters in it. I decided to buy the costume off eBay as I had no sewing skills. The listing said it would take 4 months to make as it's made using measurements you give them. So I ordered it early in case of delays. It didn't include shoes which I find at Kmart, or a wig.

The wig, nothing nothing about wigs I brought from Cheap as Chips. They didn't have the length or style I wanted so I cut it to how I wanted. The first I cut it, I did such a bad job that I brought another one and retried it. This time less badly.

At the convention Hope was super comfy to wear expect for the wig. I had a red line across my head form the wig after wearing it for a short period and was given a sore head though out AVcon because of it. I hated it so much that I actually brought a better wig for it after AVcon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment