Friday 27 November 2015

Why I Cosplay

As many of you would have noticed by now I love to cosplay. I know cosplay isn't mainsteam, but it seems to becoming more common and more people are getting into it. I find that explaining cosplay to normal people can be interesting at time. I am a adult after all, so why would I want to dress up as someone from a game or a movie, or a tv show?

For me cosplay is being able to show off your love for a show, a movie, a book, a game, or even just a character.  To me cosplaying as someone is one way of saying I really like this thing and I want to let other people know that I really like this thing. I also love the idea of bringing something to life.

I also love the challenge of bringing them to life and because of this I have learnt a lot already. When I started cosplaying, I didn't have much experience using a sewing machine. I still have lots to learn about sewing but now I can use one. I also really enjoyed the challenges of bringing my Weeping Angel wings, Chaos Blade and Highway Star to life. I learnt a lot from them, and I'm really happy with how they turned out.

I think the best bit is having it all come together and wearing it to a con. Having all of your hard work together and being able to show it off is a really good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment