Friday 21 August 2015

Food Wars

Food Wars isa manga about a boy named Soma who aims to one day surpass his father's cooking skills. It follows his time spent at a elite culinary school after his father closes his restaurant.

The first thing I would like to mention about this book is the boobs. There are a lot of large chested females in tight or revealing clothing in this book. This gem was in the first couple of pages. You have been warned.
Girl being attacked by the squid she is eating? Yep that's normal.

Once you are you able to over look that little feature, it's actually not that bad.

I went into this knowing very little about it other than a guy going to a cooking school. To start with I thought it was going to be a lot funnier than what it was. There were a couple funny moments, don't get me wrong, they just weren't as funny as what I thought.

It also reminded me a bit of Ouran High School Host. Someone who isn't rich and powerful goes to school with lots of rich and powerful. The school Soma goes to is the elite of the elite of cooking and lots of kids with strong cooking family history go to it.

I'm guessing Soma isn't up with it when it comes to the best of the best as the judge he had to impress was one, and he had no idea. She gave everyone one chance to withdraw her test and they all ran off expect for Soma as they were so scared of her.


They actually included a repice for what Soma cooked. 

I think it would be interesting to see how this turns out. It's certainly a bit different to what I normally read.

No comments:

Post a Comment